North Star Community Services empowers each person to realize potential, pursue dreams, and enjoy life.
Who we are
We are a local, private, non-profit rehabilitative services agency providing adult day services, employment services, and supported community living services so individuals with disabilities are better able to live enriched lives in our communities
1. Adult Day Habilitation Services
How You Can Benefitů
- A person with a disability can realize their potential and pursue their dream of living as independently as possible in the community.
- Caregivers can take a break while their loved one stays active, socializes with peers, and has a fun and interesting day in a safe and caring place.
- We are person-centered. We listen and put the individual's and family's needs and concerns first.
- Services can begin immediately following initial intake.
- Fees for services are reasonable. There are also many sources of funding assistance available for those who need it.
- We offer high quality, fully accredited, and licensed services.
- Adult Day Services, such as Newel Post, cost an average of 70-80% less than nursing home care, plus people using day services can return home at the end of the day.
Our Board of Directors:
Our Executive Director
Executive Director of North Star Community Services, envisions the possibility that individuals with disabilities can reach potential, pursue dreams, and enjoy life, primarily by living and working in the community, where he says, "we all belong."
Witmer holds a BS in Social Work from Bemidji State University in Minnesota and an MS in Educational Administration from the University of North Dakota. He has served individuals with disabilities for nearly 40 years, and has headed North Star since 1992.